We also provide a full range of innovative, cost effective legal services for international companies once they are established in the UK.
Examples of our work:
- Assisting with a long term recruitment project and other high level HR management functions for a medical client based in Qatar.
- Defending a multi-million dollar claim, from an American company, for alleged breach of a pharmaceutical distribution agreement.
- Acting for the defendant, a mining company in Ghana, in relation to a multi-million dollar claim for payment.
- Helping clients obtain and retain immigration sponsorship licenses, assisting with UKBA audits and right to work checks.
Other services include:
- Advising in respect of regulations and procedures of English companies, including legal framework, constitution, reporting requirements, powers and duties of directors and shareholders and relationship between company and its shareholders
- Overseeing ongoing corporate governance
- Providing company secretary and registered office, including monitoring statutory registers and filings
- Disposal of existing freehold/leasehold business premises
- Terminating or renewing your existing lease
- Alterations to your existing premises and liaising with your landlord to obtain any necessary consent
- Advising you should you wish to mortgage or re-mortgage your business premises
- Advising you or your staff in relation to residential tenancy, freehold or leasehold property in the UK
- Advising on building contracts for fit-out and maintenance
- Proactively managing disputes to avoid formal litigation
- Representing clients in the High Court and County Court, arbitration, adjudication and mediation
- Particular experience of disputes with an international element
- Construction dispute avoidance and resolution
- Acquiring Tier 2 visas for your existing and new migrant workers
- Conducting right to work checks in respect of your workforce
- Providing an HR professional on an ad-hoc or part-time basis to assist with all workforce matters
- Online HR support and guidance through employmentbuddy.com and helpline legal advice services
- Defending employment tribunal claims
- Advising the business in relation to:
- Acquisition and disposals of businesses or transfer of service contracts
- Collective changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Workforce restructures
- Employee relations and engagement