An overview to provide an understanding of discrimination law, how to avoid discrimination and manage problems.
- The working environment an employer should provide
- The damage caused by workplace discrimination – impact on employees and the company
- Types of claims and who is liable
- Protected characteristics
- Who is protected
- What behaviours are unacceptable?
- Beware social media!
- Pregnancy – performance issues and pregnancy related absence
- Health and Safety and risk assessments – general risk assessments and specific risk assessments for pregnant employees
- Pregnancy and redundancy
- Pregnancy and harassment
- Case studies