Clarkslegal and BDO Breakfast Briefing: Construction and Tax: VAT reverse charge and IR35
BDO LLP, R+, 2 Blagrave Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 1AZ
From 08:30 AM to 10:00 AM on 24 September 2019
We would like to invite you to join Clarkslegal and BDO to find out about the cash flow and tax consequences of two upcoming tax changes to construction businesses.
The seminar will include:
- Reverse Charge VAT: Unless last minute efforts by various industry bodies to get a six-month delay from the Chancellor are successful, on 1 October 2019 a new reverse charge for construction services will come into force which will require the recipient rather than the supplier to account for the VAT. This will have a significant effect on cash flow for your business.
- IR35: From 6 April 2020, medium and large businesses will have to ascertain the employment status of every contractor, freelancer or worker they use and potentially account for PAYE and NIC if they are in effect an employee.
Our speakers include, Russell Dann, Employment Associate, Clarkslegal, Kyle Halliday, Associate VAT Director and Mark Seaden, Director, Global Employer Services, BDO who will cover:
- An overview of the changes
- How this will affect your cash flow
- Practical steps and how to prepare your business
Places are limited. To confirm your attendance, please register your interest online using the Register Online button to the top right-hand side of this page.