Winning new customers...the internet way!
08 August 2016
LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Flickr...the list keeps growing and with the number of users of social media sites continuing to rise the potential to find new customers online has never been greater. Here are our top tips for using social media to tap into new business....
- Embrace it – don’t be afraid to sign up and join in. There is a wealth of potential new business out there, literally at your finger tips!
- Show personality - Don't think of it as advertising but rather a more personal way of communicating with your target market. Show your personality – a lot of customers will use you if they like you.
- It is work – set aside a set amount of time each week for your social networking. It should form part of your marketing strategy. Work out your priorities and budget the time you will spend on each one.
- Research the various networking sites – there are an increasing number of networking sites available. Spend time on several and identify those where your target market spends the majority of their time. You do not need to have a presence in every social media platform.
- Keep reviewing – with any effective marketing, you should constantly analyse the changing needs and priorities of your business. Review the results and responses you are getting from the various social media sites – be fluid and flexible and adjust your plan to keep it effective.
- Commit to it - Once you decide to start a blog or join a social media website, commit to establishing a strong presence. You can't do this reluctantly or you could end up creating bad publicity and losing more business than you generate.
- Be professional yet personable – your profile should be professional and show sufficient expertise in your area of business. However, it should maintain a personal and friendly feel. Think of how you would greet a new customer in person for the first time and the impression you would want to give.
- Stick with it – give it time to work for you! Don’t give up – it’s working for millions of others so why shouldn’t it work for you?
Finally, if your employees are using social media platforms, for business or private reasons, don’t forget to have an appropriate policy in place. Download our free social media policy here.
Clarkslegal, specialist Commercial lawyers in London, Reading and throughout the Thames Valley.
For further information about this or any other Commercial matter please contact Clarkslegal's commercial team by email at email@example.com by telephone 020 7539 8000 (London office), 0118 958 5321 (Reading office) or by completing the form on this page.
Read more articles