The numbers are in! ET statistics for 2009/10
07 July 2010
The Employment Tribunal Annual Statistics for 2009/10 have now been published. Key figures are as follows:
- There was a 56% increase from 2008/09 in the number of claims accepted by Employment Tribunals, which were at their highest ever level. Multiple claims were the main cause of this.
- There was a 14% increase in the number of single claims accepted by Employment Tribunals.
- There was a 17% increase in the number of tribunal claims associated with unfair dismissal, breach of contract and redundancy. The probable cause of this was the economic recession.
- There was a 22% increase in the number of disposals by Employment Tribunals. However, this did not keep up with receipts - more than 400,000 claims remained outstanding.
- There was a significant drop in the number of Employment Tribunal claims in which the first hearing took place within 26 weeks of the claim being received. It fell from 74% to just 65%.
Clarkslegal, specialist Employment lawyers in London, Reading and throughout the Thames Valley.
For further information about this or any other Employment matter please contact Clarkslegal's employment team by email at email@example.com by telephone 020 7539 8000 (London office), 0118 958 5321 (Reading office) or by completing the form on this page.
Read more articles