Or perhaps yellow is your colour? The Lib Dems Employment Pledges
14 April 2010
Following on from yesterdays blog, the Liberal Democrats have now set out their 2010 election manifesto.
Key employment law promises include:
- Giving fathers the right to time off for antenatal appointments;
- Allowing mothers and fathers to share maternity and paternity leave between them as they see fit;
- Extending the period of perantal leave to 18 months;
- Extending the right to request flexible working to all employees;
- Abolishing the default retirement age;
- Restrictions on bonuses payable to bankers;
- Requiring employers to use `name blind` job application forms to try to stamp out discrimination. This would initially apply to employers with over 100 employees, but eventually all companies;
- Introducing compulsory fair play audits to companies with over 100 employees to stop equal pay issues.
Clarkslegal, specialist Employment lawyers in London, Reading and throughout the Thames Valley.
For further information about this or any other Employment matter please contact Clarkslegal's employment team by email at email@example.com by telephone 020 7539 8000 (London office), 0118 958 5321 (Reading office) or by completing the form on this page.
This information is for guidance purposes only and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. Please refer to the full General Notices on our website.
Read more articles