Low Pay Commission Consultation 2019 – calling all evidence!
18 April 2019
A new consultation has been opened by the Low Pay Commission (LPC) seeking views on the National Minimum Wage (NMW) and National Living Wage (NLW) rates that should apply from April 2020. It is also inviting views on:
- the path for the minimum wage beyond 2020 ; and
- how the existing target for the NLW has worked and on potential future arrangements
Evidence is being sought from a wide range of sources, including employers, workers, representatives, experts and the public on:
- the viability of the stated target of the NLW of 60% of median earnings by 2020 (currently around £8.67);
- the impact of increases in the NLW since its introduction on workers, employers, the labour market and economy;
- how employers are seeking to improve productivity;
- how the economic outlook is affected by the process of leaving the EU; and
- the impact of the NMW rates on employment prospects (for those aged under 25 and apprentices)
Pay is obviously a key concern for all employers. Therefore, it is important that evidence is fed into the consultation if new issues and emerging trends are to be identified.
The consultation closes at 11.45pm on 7 June 2019.
Clarkslegal, specialist Employment lawyers in London, Reading and throughout the Thames Valley.
For further information about this or any other Employment matter please contact Clarkslegal's employment team by email at email@example.com by telephone 020 7539 8000 (London office), 0118 958 5321 (Reading office) or by completing the form on this page.
This information is for guidance purposes only and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. Please refer to the full General Notices on our website.
Read more articles