Default retirement age: We need your views
07 January 2010
As we reported back in October, the Government has commenced consultation on the default retirement age.
The Government is now seeking, by 1 February 2010, information from employers on the following issues:
- The operation of the default retirement age in practice;
- The reasons that businesses use mandatory retirement ages;
- The impact on businesses, individuals and the economy of raising or removing the default retirement age;
- The experience of businesses operating without a default retirement age;
- How any costs of raising or removing the default retirement age could be mitigated and benefits realised.
We would love to know your views on this. Please leave your comments on our HR Blog as we intend to collate any feedback and submit this to the Government by the above deadline.
Clarkslegal, specialist Employment lawyers in London, Reading and throughout the Thames Valley.
For further information about this or any other Employment matter please contact Clarkslegal's employment team by email at email@example.com by telephone 020 7539 8000 (London office), 0118 958 5321 (Reading office) or by completing the form on this page.
This information is for guidance purposes only and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. Please refer to the full General Notices on our website.
Read more articles