2021 statutory pay rates published
10 December 2020
The April 2021 statutory maternity, paternity and sick pay rates have been released by the Government. The increases are modest at less than £1 per week. The full document containing all the proposed rate changes can be found her, however, we have summarised the key 'need-to-know' changes below:
- The rate of statutory maternity pay, currently at £151.20 per week or 90% of the employee’s average weekly earnings (whichever is lower), will rise to £151.97 per week from April 2021.
- The rates of statutory paternity pay and statutory shared parental pay, currently at £151.20 (or 90% of the employee’s average weekly earnings where this is lower) will also increase to £151.97.
- From April 2021, statutory adoption pay will be paid out at 90% of the employee’s average weekly earnings for the first six weeks of leave. The remaining adoption pay period will be paid at £151.97 or 90% of the employee’s average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.
- Pay for parental bereavement leave, which is available to parents of a child who died on or after 6th April 2020, will see its first annual rise since its introduction, also to £151.97 a week.
- Finally, statutory sick pay is expected to increase from £95.85 to £96.35 as of April 2021.
If you have any questions about the different statutory pay entitlements, or need assistance updating policies or processes in light of the changes, please do not hesitate to contact our employment team.
Clarkslegal, specialist Employment lawyers in London, Reading and throughout the Thames Valley.
For further information about this or any other Employment matter please contact Clarkslegal's employment team by email at email@example.com by telephone 020 7539 8000 (London office), 0118 958 5321 (Reading office) or by completing the form on this page.
This information is for guidance purposes only and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. Please refer to the full General Notices on our website.
Read more articles