Creating the contract and employment status
A detailed introduction to the creation of the contract of employment and employment status.
- Purpose of the contract and the basic elements to forming a contract
- When is the contract made?
- Casual workers versus employees
- Contractual terms and drafting points
- Restrictive covenants
- Pay in lieu of notice
- Issuing of Fixed Term contracts and unfair dismissal
- The risks of getting it wrong
- Flexibility clauses in the contract
- Implied Duty of Trust and Confidence
- Types of contract
- Continuity of Employment
- Employment status training questions
- Employment status and contractual rights handout