REPORTS TO: Partner or Associate
Job Salary: Market rate
Office: Reading office
Clarkslegal LLP is a leading commercial law firm with offices in Reading and London.
Our employment law team, has an excellent reputation, having enjoyed consistently high ratings in the legal directories for several years. The team is top rated in both the Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 directories.
An opportunity has arisen for an additional solicitor to support and add to the expertise in our Reading office.
- You will join our existing employment team.
- You will have day to day conduct of a varied workload of contentious and non-contentious matters for both Claimants and Respondents. Your key responsibilities will include giving advice (by telephone, in person and/or in writing), drafting documentation (including claim and response forms, witness statements and legal submissions) and conducting negotiations on behalf of the client, advocating in tribunal, advising on or working as part of a team regarding restructuring and/or other client projects to include project management. Your responsibilities will also include timely and efficient billing of your files.
- You will have the opportunity and be encouraged to undertake advocacy in the employment tribunal, where appropriate.
- You will support the more senior solicitors and have exposure to more complex and high value tribunal claims. You may also be called upon to work in a team on project work, such as reorganisations, or to provide corporate support on transactional matters.
- You will support the firm’s online HR resource, employmentbuddy.com.
- You will participate in and contribute to the team’s know how initiatives.
- You will support the business development initiatives of the firm and the team, which may include supporting internal events, supporting and/or attending external events and attending appropriate networking events out of office working hours.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate strong technical capability
- Experience in respondent work, redundancy, restructures, TUPE and preparing ET claims
- Have demonstrable practical experience of employment law
- Have a natural interest in and strong enthusiasm for business development
- Have excellent time management and personal organisational skills and will not be phased by having to work under pressure
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must hold a valid Law Society Practising Certificate
- IT literate – adept in the use of Word/Outlook /TFB or similar
- Consistently good academics – A/Bs in 3 A’levels; 2:1 degree or above