Role profile: 5-10 YEARS PQE
REPORTS TO: Ashan Arif, Partner
Job Salary: Market Rate
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
To provide user friendly, up to date, to the point legal advice and guidance to clients and to promote the services and reputation of the firm through undertaking a range of marketing activities. Role based in Reading, but with a need to support colleagues in and, where necessary, work from London office.
- Undertake a range of non-contentious case work on the full range of corporate and company matters, assisting on transactional work including on share sales and purchases, mergers, business and asset purchases and disposals, reorganisations and share buybacks, including giving advice, by telephone or in writing, attending meetings, preparation of support documents and making representations on the clients behalf e.g. negotiations;
- Experience of advising on share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, articles of association and general company and governance issues is essential. Relevant experience in acting for or on behalf of charities would be a bonus;
- In addition, it would be an advantage to have experience of drafting/negotiating commercial agreements such as distribution agreements, software licences.
- Maintain and develop existing and new clients through planned relationship management and marketing events, articles, seminars etc;
- Manage and maintain effective records of all work undertaken, including time spent, and adhere to the firm’s policy on billing, file procedures and case management;
- Participate in presentations internally and externally and active attendance of networking events/relevant industry bodies;
- Liaise and attend meetings with the team and firm necessary to perform duties and aid individual and organisational development.
- Develop ideas and create uses for know-how and innovation;
- Undertake personal and professional development and support the promotion of the team and firm generally
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must hold a Law Society Practising Certificate
- IT literate – adept in the use of Word/Outlook /TFB or similar
- Consistently good academics – A/Bs in A’levels; 2:1 degree or above
Subject to level of PQE, candidates will have had good training/experience of advising on a range of corporate/company matters and an ability/aptitude to deal with clients direct, subject to partner supervision. Ability/willingness to take part in marketing/networking etc. also an important feature.
PERSON SPECIFICATION/OTHER INFORMATION
- Professional approach
- Strong drafting and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Fluent both orally and in writing
- A “people person” – keen to develop client relationships
- Commercial approach – focus on solutions, not list of legal problems
- Keen to take an active role in the workgroup and the firm
- Flexible, committed and team minded
- Able to demonstrate strong marketing and business development skills
- Aptitude for developing and presenting training seminars and workshops
- Although mainly Reading based, needs to be flexible as may need to work out of the firm’s London office if required
If you believe you have the skills and qualifications we are looking for and are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting the job code ‘READ/BS/5-10PQE/1/11-17' in the subject line.